Want to have Unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping and Great deals, Exclusive coupons and special promotions to more than 50% Discount? Sign Up here.
- Attracts and kills all common household ants.
- Kills the ants you see and the ants you don’t.
- Worker ants deliver a lethal dose to the rest of the colony.
- Apply product to cardboard tiles and place where ants are seen.
- Use along baseboards, under cabinets and near entry points.
Attract and kill the ants you see, as well as the ants you don’t see with TERRO Liquid Ant Killer. The liquid, which contains borax, is specifically designed to allow worker ants to consume the product, survive long enough to carry the liquid back to the nest. Ants consume the liquid ant bait and return to the nest where they pass it around to the rest of the colony. The active ingredient in the bait slowly interferes with the ants’ digestive systems, ultimately killing them. Since this is a bait product, you will initially see more ants as they are attracted to the liquid – but don’t worry, this is a good thing. After the bait is consumed, insect populations will begin to decline. Complete control may take up to two weeks. The 2 oz bottle offers plenty of ant-killing power to eliminate your infestation. For your convenience, TERRO Liquid Ant Killer is easy to use. Simply apply drops of the liquid ant killer directly from the bottle onto the smooth side of the cardboard tiles included on the packaging. Then place indoors on a flat surface near ant trails and other signs of ant activity. The more bait placements, the better. Be sure to leave the ant killer undisturbed while the ants are actively feeding on it.
TERRO ant killer
TERRO Liquid Ant Killer uses borax to kill the ants you see, as well as the ants you don’t see. It works by allowing the forager ants to consume the product and survive long enough to carry the sweet liquid back to the nest and deliver a dose to the rest of the colony. Over time, the bait kills the original ant and any ants that also consume it. Complete control may take two weeks.
To use this ant killing liquid, simply apply the product directly from the bottle onto the provided cardboard squares and place near indoor areas where ants are passing. Place TERRO Liquid Ant Killer near ant trails and other locations where they are numerous. Apply the baited cardboard tiles on the edges of sinks, tubs, windowsills, under food cabinets, along floors and baseboards and in corners.
How to Use TERRO Liquid Ant Killer
TERRO Liquid Ant Killer is very easy to use. Before placing the ant killer, be sure to remove other sources of food, such as crumbs, sugar and grease spots to prevent attracting them elsewhere. Do not place where you’ve already sprayed insecticides, as the pests may avoid the ant killer.
1. Tear the “Place TERRO Here” cardboard tiles from the packaging along the perforated lines. Then, apply drops of the liquid ant killer directly from the bottle onto the smooth side of the tile until they form a small puddle. You may also substitute with small pieces of paper, cardboard or foil.
2. Place the ant killer tiles on a flat surface near signs of target pests. Place additional tiles anywhere they may enter your home. The more bait placements, the better.
3. Monitor placements regularly, but do not interfere with the pests or bait while they are actively feeding on it. Add more liquid if it goes dry or add more tiles to ensure there’s always a fresh supply for the ants.
How Ant Bait Works
TERRO ant bait works by attracting a large number of ants right away – but don’t worry, this is a good thing. As ants forage for food, they are easily attracted to the sweet liquid. After finding the bait, worker ants consume it and leave behind a pheromone trail leading back to the colony. This trail lets other worker ants know where the newly discovered food supply is. This is why you will see more ants at first, followed by a sharp drop off as the bait takes effect.
Meanwhile, the active ingredient, borax, is slowly interfering with each ant’s digestive system, ultimately killing them, but leaving enough time for the ants to go back and share the dose with the rest of the colony. This slow kill is necessary so that ants can make several trips to the bait, allowing you to get rid of the ants you see and the ants you don’t. Allow up to two weeks for the bait to take full effect.