Smith’s PP1 Pocket Pal Multifunction Sharpener, Grey is now available at Amazon.com for just $6.47 (REG $12.99) (As of 15 June 2019, 17:03 PST – Details) with $6.52 (50%) Savings.
Want to have Unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping and Great deals, Exclusive coupons and special promotions to more than 50% Discount? Sign Up here.
- Tapered Round Diamond Coated Rod for Sharpening Serrated and Standard Edges.
- Carbide Blades (Coarse CARBIDE Slot) Quickly Set Your Edge; Ceramic Stones (Fine CERAMIC slot) Give You a Razor Sharp Edge.
- Reversible and Replaceable Carbide and Ceramic Stones for Extended Sharpening.
- Lanyard hole for Carrying.
- Preset Sharpening Angles provide Guaranteed Results.
Be Sharp. Be Ready.
From our humble beginnings as a small Arkansas stone company to our current position as the market leader in the knife and scissor sharpening category, Smith’s has become the fastest growing, full line supplier of great sharpening products. Our simple goal is to provide consumers with the best edge for whatever task they are performing, while also providing outrageously good customer service.
The Smith’s Difference:
We have the broadest line of knife and scissors sharpeners available, ranging from simple, fixed angle pull through sharpeners for consumers that want quick and easy sharpening, to sophisticated Precision Kits designed for the knife sharpening enthusiast. Our offering includes both manual and electrical sharpeners that incorporate many different abrasive materials including diamond, carbide, ceramic, bonded synthetic abrasives and, of course, natural Arkansas stones.
Smith’s PP1 Pocket Pal At a Glance:
- Slim, lightweight, easily pocketable knife sharpener
- Diamond-coated rod for serrated and standard edges
- Carbide blades quickly set your edge
- Ceramic stones give you a razor sharp edge
- Preset sharpening angles for guaranteed results
- Lanyard hole for carrying
Smith’s PP1 Pocket Pal Multifunction Sharpener
Sleek and slim, ideal for outdoorsmen who want to ensure their blades are always sharp
The Pocket Pal features a fold out, tapered round diamond coated rod for sharpening serrated and standard edges, pre-set carbide blades for quickly restoring a dull edge, and specifically shaped ceramic stones for a razor-sharp finish. The carbide blades provide quick edge setting capability for dull or damaged knives, blades are designed for use on straight edges only. Ceramic stones provide a smooth, polished edge for already sharp knives and can be used on serrated or standard blades. Both the carbide blades and ceramic stones are reversible and replaceable for extended sharpening life.
The Pocket Pal measures 3-1/2 inches long and 1 inch wide, and it weights just 1 ounce. Always clean your sharpener with a damp cloth after use and towel dry. Do not rinse with water.
- Carbide Blades: Set the Edge
- Ceramic Stones: Finish the Edge
- Abrasive: Tapered Round Rod/ Medium Diamond (400 grit): Pull Through/ Coarse Ceramic (600 grit)
How to Use the Pocket Pal:
1. Insert knife blade into the V-shaped slots at a 90-degree angle to the sharpening blades or stones.
2. Pull the knife blade straight back towards you while applying light pressure.
3. Repeat this action until blade is sharp.
Tapered Diamond Rod: Flat Edges
1. Always hold the unit with the rod facing down. Place heel of the blade on the diamond rod closest to the unit.
2. Hold blade at a 23-degree angle to the rod.
3. While applying light pressure, push the knife away from you towards the end of the rod. Draw knife down so that the tip of the blade comes off the end of the rod. Repeat this action until blade is sharp.
4. For the other side of the blade, you will need to switch hands holding the sharpener and the knife and repeat step 1 through 3.
Tapered Diamond Rod: Serrated Edges
1. Only sharpen the side of your knife edge with the serrations.
2. Hold rod at 23-degree angle to the blade and move it back and forth through each serration until sharp.
Smith’s “Pocket Pal” Multi-Functional Knife Sharpener features pre-set crossed carbides and ceramic stones, which provide the “Perfect Edge” every time. Carbides provide quick edge setting, and the specially shaped ceramic stones are designed to give you a razor sharp edge on either standard or serrated edges. A fold out, tapered round, diamond coated rod is designed for sharpening serrations and small gut hooks. Unit is compact, lightweight, durable, and comes with a lanyard hole.
Carbide Blades (COARSE) – Set the edge. The carbide blades provide quick edge setting capability for dull or damaged knives. These blades are designed for use on straight edges only, and are reversible and replaceable.
Ceramic Stones (FINE) – Finish the edge. Ceramic stones provide a smooth, polished edge for already sharp knives and can be used on serrated or standard blades and are reversible and replaceable.
Abrasives: Tapered Diamond Rod: MEDIUM (400 Grit) /Carbide Pull-Through slot: COARSE/ Ceramic Pull-Through slot: FINE (800 Grit)