R&Ladies Night Out feat. Jaheim, Tank, Eric Benét, & Musiq Soulchild May 11 at 8 p.m.
(As of 30 April 2019, 14:28 PST – Details)
Host Bill Bellamy introduces a line up of soulful crooners behind hits “Back in My Arms,” “When We,” “Spend My Life with You,” and “Love”
R&B Ladies Night Out
- Jaheim: With a sultry voice inherited from his soul-singing grandfather, Hoagy Lands of The Drifters, this Grammy-nominated crooner landed three back-to-back platinum albums with his Ghetto series (Ghetto Love, Still Ghetto, Ghetto Classics). His latest album, 2016’s_Struggle Love_, is packed with sultry slow jams, including the single “Back In My Arms”
- Tank: Four-time Grammy nominee Tank got his start backing Ginuwine before scoring solo hits such as “Please Don’t Go” and “Sex Music.” His latest release, Savage, features the lead single “When We,” which hit No. 1 on the Billboard Adult R&B Songs chart.
- Eric Benét: This neo-soul singer has racked up plenty of acclaim during his decades-long career, including four Grammy nods and an NAACP Image Award for his song “Spend My Life with You.”
- Musiq Soulchild: In the words of the 11-time Grammy nominee himself, “‘Musiq’ is the front man and ‘Soulchild’ is the idea behind it.” Since stepping on the scene in 2000, Musiq has released eight Top 10 R&B singles, including “Love,” “B.U.D.D.Y.,” and “Teachme.”
- Bill Bellamy: As an actor, the charismatic Bellamy has been seen in Love Jones, Any Given Sunday, and How to Be a Player. As an MTV staple, he hosted MTV Jams and MTV Beach House. As a comedian, he owned the stage of Def Comedy Jam, where he coined the phrase “booty call,” solidifying his place in both the comedy world and the slang dictionary.