Recipe: Homemade Peppermint Patties
These look yummy!
Serves: Makes about 8 dozen.
1 pound confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
4 ounces, cream cheese, softened
¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Using a mixer, gradually add the sugar to the cream cheese, beat well until incorporated.
2. Add peppermint extract and combine well.
3. Roll dough into teaspoon size balls and place on baking sheet(s) lined with wax paper or parchment. Create a small “bowl” or indention in each ball using a ¼ teaspoon or your finger. Cover with plastic wrap and let firm up in refrigerator for a few hours.
4. When peppermints have firmed, melt chocolate according to package directions (microwave is fine). Fill a piping bag or freezer bag with the corner snipped with the melted chocolate. Fill each mini peppermint bowl/indention with chocolate and let cool.
5. Refrigerate in airtight container until ready to serve.
- When making the cream cheese/powdered sugar mixture, gradually add the powdered sugar until the right texture is achieved. You may end up needing to add a bit more than listed in the recipe, or less. It should hold together, but not sticky.
- If working by yourself, only make a few balls at a time before pressing the bowls/indention’s to avoid them drying and cracking. The best thing is to work with someone else and have one person roll the balls, while the other follows behind making the bowls/indentations.
- Be sure to keep main peppermint mixture lightly covered with plastic or a damp paper towel while making the balls to avoid it drying out.
Thanks, Fun2bFrugalFollow Us On: Mojo's Facebook , Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest and catch all our deals!