Lodge 10.5 Inch Cast Iron Griddle. Pre-seasoned Round Cast Iron Pan Perfect for Pancakes, Pizzas, and Quesadillas is now available at Amazon.com for just $14.88 (REG $33.18) (As of 11 September 2019, 17:37 PST – Details) with $18.30 (55%)Savings.
Here is the Live Product Pricing Snippet to avoid any complication.
Want to have Unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping and Great deals, Exclusive coupons and special promotions to more than 50% Discount? Sign Up here.
About the product:
- 10.5 Inch SeasonedCast Iron Griddle. The Lodge Cast Iron Griddle delivers heavy-duty performance, with lower side walls and a wider cooking surface. Great for the stovetop, campfire or oven.
- SEASONED COOKWARE. A good seasoning makes all the difference. Lodge seasons its cookware with 100% vegetable oil; no synthetic coatings or chemicals. The more you use your iron, the better the seasoning will get.
- MADE IN THE USA. Lodge has been making cast iron cookware in South Pittsburg, Tennessee (pop. 3,300) since 1896. With over 120 years of experience, their cast iron is known for its high quality design, lifetime durability, and cooking versatility.
- MAKE EVERY MEAL A MEMORY. Lodge knows that cooking is about more than just the food; it’s about the memories.
- FAMILY-OWNED. Lodge is more than just a business; it’s a family. The Lodge family founded the company in 1896, and they still own it today. From environmental responsibility to community development, their heads and hearts are rooted in America.
Lodge 10.5 Inch Cast Iron Griddle. Pre-seasoned Round Cast Iron Pan Perfect for Pancakes, Pizzas, and Quesadillas
10.5 Inch Seasoned Cast Iron Griddle
The Lodge Cast Iron Griddle delivers heavy-duty performance, with lower side walls and a wider cooking surface. Great for the stovetop, campfire or oven.
Product at a Glance
- The right tool to sear, sauté, bake, broil, braise, fry
- Brutally tough for decades of cooking
- Seasoned for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use
- Unparalleled in heat retention and even heating
- At home in the oven, on the stove, on the grill or over the campfire
Why Buy Lodge Cast Iron
As the only full line of American-made cast iron cookware, Lodge boasts quality that has been unmatched for over a century. Even heating, a natural easy-release finish, versatility and durability are the hallmarks of our great cookware. We don’t just make cast iron; we make heirlooms that bring people together for generations.
About Lodge Cast Iron
Founded in 1896, the Lodge family has been making high quality cookware and accessories for over a century. Lodge Cast Iron operates two foundries on the banks of the Tennessee River in the small town of South Pittsburg, Tennessee; a town Lodge is proud to call home. The company is built on family values, American history, and high quality cookware. All Lodge seasoned cast iron and carbon steel cookware is proudly made in the USA, meaning you’ll get craftsmanship that has been passed down through generations.
Cooking And Caring For Your Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron
Caring for your cast iron doesn’t have to be complicated. Lodge cookware comes already seasoned and ready to use, so you can make your family’s favorite recipes right away. You can use it on any heat source, from the stove top to the campfire (just not the microwave!). The more you use it, the better the seasoning will get.
- Wash cast iron by hand with mild soap or none at all
- Dry promptly and thoroughly with a lint-free cloth or paper towel
- Rub with a very light layer of vegetable oil, preferably while the cookware is still warm
- Hang or store cookware in a dry place
The Lodge Cast Iron 10.5-inch Griddle is a multi-functional cookware that works wonders with all your favorite foods. This griddle is essential for big breakfasts, tortillas, quesadillas, roasted vegetables and grilled sandwiches. Cast iron loves a campfire, a stovetop, or an oven, and can slow-cook foods without scorching. It retains heat well so you can sear meat at higher temperatures and will keep your delicious meals warm for a long time.
Whether used in a kitchen or camp, theses virtually indestructible cookware should last for generations. Made of cast iron, this griddle evenly distributes heat from the bottom through the sidewalls. Sporting a stylish black color, the cast iron cookware looks good in most kitchens and it doubles up as an excellent source of nutritional iron. Measures 10.5-inches diameter and .5-inches deep.
Cast Iron, like your grandmother used, still ranks as one of the best cooking utensils ever made. It gives you a nearly non-stick surface, without the possible harmful fumes generated by preheating chemically treated nonstick cookware. The American-based company, Lodge, has been fine-tuning its construction of rugged, cast-iron cookware for more than a century.
The black patina given to the cookware by the factory seasoning process is, in fact, vegetable oil that has been baked into a piece of cookware that has emerged from an individual sand mold. This coating of oil is a functional application and not a cosmetic application. The cookware is hanging as it rides through the electrostatic sprayer and commercial conveyor ovens at very high temperatures. This allows the oil to penetrate deeply into the pores of the iron which creates an easy release finish. As a result of this process, you may see a blister or bubble of oil at the southern-most point or at the end of the handle of the cookware piece. If visible, it will rub or flake off with your finger, leaving a brown spot. Don’t worry, it’s not rust but a seasoned spot that is brown, indicative of the varnish stage of seasoning. As a matter of fact, this is the color of home seasoned iron until it has been used several times. The brown spot will turn black with use.