Be a Spooky Season Saver: 11 Ways to Save on Halloween Candy
11 Ways to Save on Halloween Candy
Halloween will be here before you can shake a broomstick at a witch. Are you ready? Costumes finished. Check. Home decorated. Check. Bags and bags of candy…if this is where you have a hard time spending your hard earned money, we have a few ideas that might alleviate some of that stress and help you save on Halloween candy.
- Watch for Halloween Candy sales at your local grocer. 2 for 1 deals, product coupons direct from the candy company or grocer’s site, and in-store specials are generally the best ways to save on Halloween candy.
- Printable & paper coupons for Halloween Candy. Sites like coupons, or hopster often have printable coupons to save you money. Also, look for circulars in your local newspaper or even the in-store coupon pages often left at the front to grab as you enter the store to help you save on Halloween candy.
- Coupon Apps like Ibotta offer not only special savings to use directly in your favorite stores, but they also offer cash back savings and other perks. These rebates will help you save on Halloween candy.
- Buy in bulk. Buy as much Halloween candy as you can afford and reap the benefits! Remember that you don’t want to run out of candy. Nothing worse than a Zombie at your door and you’ve run out of sweet treats.
- Downsize. Fun sizes, or the single or two-bite candy sizes, are generally less expensive than their full or half size counterparts. And again, if you can, buy in bulk to save the most on Halloween Candy.
- Save on Halloween candy by Avoiding Chocolate. Instead, buy hard candy such as lollipops and even LiveSavers. They last longer and cost less.
- Don’t procrastinate. Even if you find great candy deals on the day of Halloween, shopping early may mean you end up with the candy nobody wants. Remember, no treats? Then tricks it is!
- Give out trinkets and skip the Halloween candy. if you aren’t into sugary sweets. Dollar stores, the clearance aisle at Walmart or Target, and party stores often have small toy items such as plastic dinosaurs or farm animals for the smaller kids and cool pens, notepads and more appropriate items for the older kids.
- Save your pennies. While you can save on Halloween candy it isn’t the only solution for Halloween. Bags of random change can be a great treat if you don’t have a ton of kids coming by so you aren’t spending a small fortune. Small children especially, find .30 to .50 pretty exciting. Older kids could have the money or candy (that you smartly have on hand as well).
- Shop online with Amazon. They often sell the candies you love at prices you can afford with coupons readily available well before Halloween Day. Last year Amazon had coupons for up to 30% off shipped to your door! Talk about a great way to save on Halloween Candy.
- Be smart with your candy purchases. We understand it can be overwhelming and sales on Halloween candy don’t solve all the problems. What to buy? How much to buy? Will everyone like the same flavors? In our experience, candy is candy as far as kids are considered. While each might have a preference, everyone likes some sort of candy. Make sure to buy enough, but don’t go overboard or you may end up with bags of candy you can either eat yourself or let it go to waste.
- BONUS! Check MojoSavings.com often. As we get closer to the holiday, we will always post the best sales to save you the most on Halloween candy this year!
Have more tips and tricks to save on Halloween candy that you’d like to share? Post in the comments.