A Week of Budget-Friendly Summer Meals!
From time to time, my husband and I really need to budget and eat at home more often without splurging (especially during our early college years). The best way to budget is to purchase everything you need, in the right quantities. Running back to the store will often cause you to spend more money, due to filler items like candy bars. So, buy the right items and make these delicious meals below:
- Breakfast: Chocolate Zucchini Muffins ($4.80 for 12 muffins, or $0.20 each)
- Lunch: Spicy Panzanella ($5.20 total, or $1.30 per person)
- Lunch: Crustless Quiche with Summer Vegetables ($6.00 total, or $1.50 per person)
- Dinner: Creamy Zucchini Fettuccine ($3.60 total, or $1.80 per person)
- Dinner: Vegetable Jambalaya ($3.90 total, or $0.65 per person)
- Dinner: Pulled Pork Sandwiches ($14 total, or $1.40 per person)
- Snacks: Fruit and Yogurt and Microwave Popcorn
Please feel free to share your recipes and ways that you’ve found to cut costs for our readers. Everyone can keep money in their wallet by eating at home and planning out your week.
Thanks, The Kitchn!