5 Simple Ways to Cut Down Your Grocery Bill (Without Coupons)
We all know that cutting and using coupons can help you save money at the grocery store. But, what are some other ways you can save money? I know for me, I cannot go to the grocery store hungry or I will spend a lot more than budgeted! According to Dave Ramsey, here are 5 simple ways.
1. Make dinner simple. Dinner doesn’t mean you have to make everything from scratch and serve a 5 course meal. It’s okay to have one-item only meals like salads, omelets or sandwiches.
2. Buy the Store Brand. When your favorite brands are not on sale and you don’t have a coupon for it, choose the store brand. They taste the same.
3. Choose the best store. We shop at two grocery stores – one for meat and the other one for everything else. Why do we shop at 2 stores? The closest store to me rarely runs great meat deals and I find the prices to be out of my range. So, I buy all my staples at that store and then about once a month a make a trip to my second store for all our meats.
4. Make a List. This should probably be titled Make a List and stick to it! I used to joke and put at the end of my list “and anything else that looks good”. That way if I went off the list, it would still technically be on there…lol I don’t recommend that approach at all! If you make a list, you will be more apt to stick to it.
5. Pay with Cash. This is an important step that I don’t do very often but I should. If I know I only have a certain amount of cash in my purse, I won’t go over it. If I am paying with my debit card I am more likely to make an impulse buy.
What are some other ways that you can think of?